Advance Our Community
Richland Library is a vital partner and catalyst for bringing diverse peoples together to solve community problems. We believe that continuous, customized learning for all ages is the foundation for a strong economy and high quality of life.
Goal 1: Help create a strong and resilient economy.
- We are viewed as valued partners to elected officials and business leaders in support of economic and community development.
- We help grow and support creative individuals and communities within the county.
- Library facility improvements serve as catalysts for greater investment in neighborhoods and increased opportunities for residents.
- Jobseekers and entrepreneurs see the library as vital to their employment, career and business development aspirations.
Goal 2: Strengthen community cohesion.
- There are an increased number of opportunities for diverse groups of people to convene, communicate and learn together.
- Neighborhoods recognize and celebrate their assets and strengthen their identities.
- Public, non-profit and private sectors convene at the library in an effort to solve community problems.
Goal 3: Transform educational outcomes for youth.
- The level of access to high quality out-of-school time opportunities increases.
- Parents and caregivers have the knowledge and support necessary to help their children be successful in school.
- Partnerships and services that support the path from high school to careers and college are strengthened.
Goal 4: Help break the cycle of poverty.
- Learning outcomes and access to educational opportunities of those living in poverty in Richland County are increased.
- Partnerships with service providers are created and strengthened, eliminating barriers for those customers with specific, basic needs.