Ask a Librarian
Q You have an ebook on hold for me. How do I check it out?
When you receive a notice that your hold for an ebook is ready you will have 3 days to claim the hold. The email notice that you received has a link into the downloadable catalog where you can log in and claim the book. You can also access both ebook providers from our website: click on "Download it" and then next to ebooks click on either the 3M or OverDrive icon (OverDrive's is a square with an O in it) to go to the ebook catalogs.
- In OverDrive, log in to your account with your library card number and password.
- Go to "Holds" to see all of your holds.
- Click "Borrow" under the one that is ready for you.
- Once you check it out, go to your Bookshelf to see all the ebooks you have out.
Download your ebook in an available format, usually as an EPUB or Kindle book. EPUB books are compatible with Nooks, iPads, iPhones, and Android devices. Kindle books are compatible with Kindle ereaders and Kindle apps on iPads or Android devices. View this "Getting Started" page on our website to find complete instructions for your particular ereader or device.
- In 3M, log in with your library card number and password
- Go to "My Books"
- View your "Holds List" to checkout the ebook on hold
The check-out period for an ebook is 21 days and it will automatically expire at the end of the lending period.