Ask a Librarian
Q How do I get books on my iPad?
Thank you for your interest in our downloadable books. To download and read ebooks with an iPad:
- Install OverDrive Media Console for iOS.
- Next, on your iPad open the OverDrive Media Console app and sign up for an OverDrive account.
- Tap Get Books and "Add a Library." Enter our ZIP, 29201, and select Richland Library.
- Browse and find a book to borrow or place a hold. You will be asked for your Richland Library card and PIN.
- Once the book is checked out, you can donwload the EPUB to read in the OverDrive app or the Kindle version if you have a Kindle app and Amazon account.
Ebooks automatically expire at the end of the lending period. You will not need to return the ebook and you will never have any late fees. If you do wish to return an ebook early, swipe across the ebook title and tap the Delete button that appears. Choose "Return and Delete" and the ebook will be returned and deleted.
You may also download the 3M Cloud Library app from the App Store. We have fewer titles available via 3M but it is another option.