Ask a Librarian
Q How do I get books published by an author in order of descending publication dates?
When you conduct a search in our catalog the results will be sorted by relevance, but you can change the display to show your results sorted by publication date with the most recent at the top.
- To begin, go to the Traditional Catalog.
- Click "Search" and choose "Keyword"
- In the box next to "Search by:" select "Author" from the drop-down options
- Type your author's full name in any order and click Go!
- Your results will pull up all titles by an author by that name.
- Finally, next to "Sort:" select "Publication Date" from the drop-down options.
You can also opt to display more than 10 results at a time for faster browsing. Here is a short video showing how to sort an author's works with the most recent at the top.