Guidelines For InterLibrary Loans
Interlibrary loan services are a great way for you to gain access to books or materials from another library and be able to borrow them from RCPL.
- Interlibrary service is available to any library patron 18 years or older who can present a valid Richland County Public Library card with no blocks that to prevent you from checking out.
- Please make Interlibrary loan requests at the General Reference Desk in person, or by calling the desk at 929-3400. Interlibrary books must be returned directly to the General Reference Desk, not to the Circulation Department or book drop.
- Please keep the blue band on your book. The due date is listed on the blue band. Call ahead of the date to inquire about renewals. Only four titles will be lent at one time for one individual.
The following materials may be borrowed:
- Children's books
- Audiovisual educational materials
The following materials may not be borrowed:
- Materials owned by the Richland County Public Library, unless the only copy is non-circulating or its status is still out or trace Periodicals (photocopies of specific articles can be obtained)
- Repair manuals, exam books
- Mass-market paperbacks
- Materials available at moderate cost (paperbacks, pamphlets)
- Recorded books
- Feature films
- Audiovisual equipment
- Computer software