InterLibrary Loan Guidelines
- Interlibrary loan service is available to any library patron 18 years or older who can present a valid Richland County Public Library card with no blocks that would prevent the patron from checking out.
- Interlibrary loan requests can be made at the General Reference Desk in person, or by calling the desk at 929-3400.
- Books must be returned directly to the General Reference Desk, not to the Circulation Department or book drop.
- Please keep the blue band on your book. The due date is listed on the blue band. Call ahead of the date to inquire about renewals.
- Only four titles will be lent at one time for one individual.
The following materials will be borrowed:
- Children's books
- Audiovisual educational materials
The following materials will not be borrowed:
- Materials owned by the Richland County Public Library, unless the only copy is non-circulating or its status is still out or trace
- Periodicals (photocopies of specific articles can be obtained)
- Repair manuals, exam books
- Mass-market paperbacks
- Materials available at moderate cost (paperbacks, pamphlets)
- Recorded books
- Feature films
- Audiovisual equipment
- Computer software