Read This: Eccentrics and Eccentricities
Daily grind getting you down? Need an escape from the ordinary? Check out some of these books and celebrate the wild, weird, and wonderful variety of our world.
- Banvard's Folly: Thirteen Tales of Renowned Obscurity, Famous Anonymity, and Rotten Luck
- A Book of Reasons
- Eccentric Glamour: Creating an Insanely More Fabulous You
- The Mammoth Book of Oddballs and Eccentrics
- The Queen of Whale Cay
- Strange Brains and Genius: The Secret Lives of Eccentric Scientists and Madmen
- Wacky Chicks: Life Lessons from Fearlessly Inappropriate and Fabulously Eccentric Women
- Weird Carolinas: Your Travel Guide to the Carolinas', Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
Amazon Says: "History in its minute particulars touches us all, and in the least expected ways." Every family has its odd character, the one member who never seems right with the world. In...
Amazon Says: Simon Doonan's ECCENTRIC GLAMOUR is intended as an antidote to the epidemic of slutty dressing and porno-chic which has taken over since the arrival of Paris Hilton and Tara R...
Amazon Says: Howard Hughes, Liberace, Imelda Marcos, Sarah Bernhardt, Ed Wood, Jr., Ludwig von Beethoven -- they're all here, along with an astonishing assortment of other oddballs, kooks,...
Amazon Says: When Marion "Joe" Carstairs died in 1993 at the age of ninety-three, she was largely forgotten. During the 1920s she held the world record as the fastest female speedboat rac...
Amazon Says: In this unusual and penetrating work, Clifford Pickover internationally recognized science popularizer - takes us on a wild ride through the bizarre lives of brilliant, but ec...
Amazon Says: Most of us know a wacky chick. She's a true nonconformist, a woman who dares to be different. On any ordinary day she might be found performing a citizen's arrest, running a ...
Weird Carolinas: Your Travel Guide to North and South Carolina's Local Legends and Best Kept SecretsKelly J. Says: Weird Carolinas: Your Travel Guide to the Carolinas', Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
Amazon Says: Take a walk on the WEIRD side, Carolina-style! What makes the Carolinas--North and South--so strange, spooky, wild, and wacky? Follow former Charleston resident Roger Manley a...