Transferring Library Books To Your Kindle
If you're a Kindle user in a home without wireless internet, have an older model Kindle or want to download certain titles from our Downloadable Media catalog, you may need to transfer your library book to your Kindle using a USB. After you check out a Kindle book from RCPL's collection, follow the instructions below to transfer your ebook to your Kindle.
- Log into your Amazon account.
- From the bookshelf of your downloadables account, select "Get for Kindle."
- You will be taken to Amazon.com. The "Deliver to:" drop-down menu will be set to "Transfer via Computer."
- Choose "Get library book."
- You may be prompted to open or save the file; choose "Save" and select a location that is easy to find again, such as Desktop or Downloads.
- Connect your Kindle to your computer with a compatible USB cord. The Kindle will then appear as a removable storage device.
- Open the Kindle drive and you will see the folder "documents"- move your downloaded ebook (.azw) file into this folder.
- Eject your Kindle and begin reading!