Due to increased demand, the MAC station may now be reserved for up to 3 hours per day. Once you have finished your session, please return the key to staff at the Business and Job Center desk so that we can make the station available for the next customer.
Freelancer? Self-employed? Need a new environment? The Richland Library Coworking Center, located on the third level of the Main library, offers a free, fully equipped, self-service workspace. Work in our quiet, spacious corner office with a beautiful view of downtown Columbia. Plus you’ll have all of the library’s resources right at your fingertips.
- Key-accessed enclosed space
- Wireless Internet
- 6 desks with power outlets
- 1 Mac station with Adobe Creative Suite and a scanner
- Storage lockers
- Lounge seating
- Online reservation system
Unlike the rest of Richland Library, the Coworking Center is an entirely self-service space. Library staff are not able to assist you with Adobe Creative Suite or other specialized software.
- Six desks are available and can be reserved for up to 8 hours per day.
- One Mac station (with Adobe Creative Suite 6 and scanner) is available and can be reserved for up to 3 hours per day.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 2 days in advance.
- One reservation is allowed per day per customer.
- Each person in the Coworking Center must have a desk reservation. Your reservation assigns you to a specific desk.
- Individuals 18 years or older can be in the Coworking Center.
- Your reservation may be cancelled if you do not arrive within 30 minutes of the start time.
- Pick up your keys at the Business, Careers and Research Center desk on the Third Level when you arrive.
- Return your keys to a staff member at the Business, Careers and Research Center desk on the Third Level when you are finished.
- A $20 fee will be added to your library record if the keys are lost or not returned.
- It may be possible to extend your reservation if no one has reserved your desk in the period following.
- Laptops can be borrowed at the Business, Careers and Research Center desk. Availability is limited.
- There is no access to a wired network in the Coworking Center, but free public Wi-Fi is available.
- Richland Library is not responsible for loss or theft of your belongings.
- Sit at the desk reserved for you, and use the corresponding locker to store your belongings.
- Everything must be removed from your locker at the end of your reservation.
- Please do not disturb your coworkers. The Coworking Center is not to be used for interviews, telemarketing, meetings or other loud or disruptive activities.
- Coworkers are expected to comply with Richland Library’s Code of Conduct.
- Lack of adherence to these guidelines may result in loss of privileges.If you would like to proceed, click >AGREE<.