Summer Reading Challenge Week 3
Family & Routine
Surrounding your children with familiar things, routine offerings, and reading material enhances memory and encourages a love of reading.
Make a photo book filled with pictures of family members for your children to look at over and over. Read the book. Put it on the list.
- Write captions for your family photo book.
- Make a grocery list by having children name common things they eat and write them on a board or a large piece of paper.
- Act out rhymes using stuffed animals and assigning them roles.
- Read and act out your favorite stories.
- Memorize your favorite poem and read it aloud to a group.
- Make new rhymes from the rhymes you know by heart.