Summer Reading Challenge Week 7
What's your favorite color? Skills can only develop if they are practiced. Reading books that introduce colors allows children to practice learning in a fun way.
Read five color books five times each this week!
- Have a “color” show-and-tell day! Everyone brings in something of the same color.
- Talk about colors throughout the day.
- Teach color mixing by placing some whipped cream in a zip-lock baggy and adding food coloring!
- Read the book Freight Train by Donald Crews. Give the children colors that correspond to the various train cars in the story. Line up the children and parade around pretending to be the freight train from the book.
- Do the color wave. Give children different colors of paper and when you call out their color have them wave it in the air. Doing the color wave at different speeds adds to the fun and hilarity.