Did you know that representatives from Titan Group, a Federal Lifeline program that provides a FREE cellular phone along with FREE minutes, data, and text messages, are at the Richland Library Main location every Tuesday from 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM? They are available to enroll you and answer any questions about the program you may have.
A sign-in sheet is posted outside of room 211 on Tuesdays. This program is first-come, first served.
Please note that this organization does not always have phones available. They are willing to install a SIM card on many unlocked, SIM-enabled smartphone. You are able to bring your own phone to see if it can be activated.
About Lifeline's Wireless Plans
· No contract
· Service is for 12 months and you need to re-qualify once a year
· If you qualify, you will receive your cell phone in 5-7 business days.
To be eligible for the Lifeline Free Phone Program, you may qualify if your income falls below your state’s residency poverty guidelines OR if you participate in a government assistance program such as:
· Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
· Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
· Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
· Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
· Other state or federal assistance programs
Want to Apply or Learn More? Apply online (http://www.safelink.com), over the phone (1-800-723-3546), or with a Titan Group representative at the library on Tuesdays! If you plan on applying in person, be sure to bring proof of total household income (for income-based qualification) or a copy of a current document proving that you participate in a government assistance program.
Additional questions can be asked by calling the Lifeline Wireless information line at 1-800-723-3546 or by asking a Lifeline representative!