Enjoy eBooks on your eBook Reader
eBooks can be transferred from a computer (Windows· or Mac·) to an eBook reader using Adobe· Digital Editions.
For a list of compatible eBook readers, click here: www.overdrive.com/resources/drc
- Adobe Digital Editions: www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions
- Required software for your device: (Example: Sony Readers require the 'Reader Library Software'}.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions. The 'Setup Assistant' dialog box is displayed.
- Click 'Continue'. The 'Activation' screen is displayed.
- Under 'Authorize Computer', enter the email address and password for your Adobe I D.
- If you do not have an Adobe ID, click 'get an Adobe ID online'.
- Follow the instructions to sign up for an Adobe ID.
- Return to the Activation screen.
- Enter the email address and password for your Adobe account.
- Click 'Activate'.
- Click 'Finish' to close the 'Setup Assistant' dialog box.
Visit your library’s Virtual Branch
- Browse for a title.
- Check out with your information.
- Download the title.
Transfer to your eBook Reader
- When you download your title, Adobe Digital Editions opens automatically.
- Connect the eBook reader to your computer and follow the prompts to authorize your device. Use the same Adobe ID as entered in Step 2. When complete, link for your reader should display under 'Bookshelves'.
- Drag and Drop the Adobe eBook to your eBook reader (under 'Bookshelves'}.
- When the transfer is complete, disconnect the eBook reader and enjoy.
Return with Ease
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Select the "Library View" icon (in the upper left corner}. The Adobe Digital Editions library is displayed.
- Under the "Bookshelves" heading, select "Borrowed.”
- Click the eBook you want to return.
- Click the "Item Options" arrow (in the upper left corner of the selected eBook}.
- Select "Return Borrowed Item".
- Click "Return" to verify that you want to return the eBook.