Enjoy eBooks on your Kindle
eBooks can be transferred from a computer Windows or Mac to an eBook reader using Adobe Digital Editions.
- Visit Richland Library's eBook collection
- Browse for a Kindle eBook and check it out using your library card number.
- Click the "Get for Kindle" button. This opens the Amazon.com website. You may be required to sign in with your Amazon.com account if you are not already logged in.
- Select a Kindle device or Kindle reading app. Click the "Get library book" button and sync your device or app to download the book, or choose to send it to your device via USB.
An active Wi-Fi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. If your Kindle is not Wi-Fi capable or you do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, read Amazon's instructions for transferring files via USB.
- Go to Amazon and from the Kindle menu on the right, select "Manage Your Kindle".
- Sign into your Amazon account.
- Select the "Actions" drop down menu next to the book you want to return.
- From the menu, select "Return This Book". (Avoid selecting "Delete From Library", as this will delete the book from your Kindle library but will not return it).
- Select "Yes" to return the book.
- After you return the book, it will still show in Your Kindle Library list. To remove it from the list, select "Actions" again, and from the drop down menu select "Delete From Library".
More than 5,000 titles can be downloaded from the library's website.
You can take your library anywhere you go. Download the latest bestseller or that biography you've been meaning to read. What are you waiting for? Grab your Kindle, iPad, Nook, eReader, iPhone and start downloading today.
Richland Library also offers eBooks and eAudiobooks for use on PC or Mac computers and popular mobile devices such as smartphones, MP3 players and eBook readers like the Barnes & Noble Nook and Sony Reader.