Broaden Your Reading Horizons with #BroaderBookshelf
Want to challenge yourself in 2017? Looking for a more fun and interactive way to read? Take part in the #BroaderBookshelf project, a librarian-tailored reading challenge designed to expand your reading repertoire and guide you to enjoyable reading outside of your comfort zone.
Pick up your #BroaderBookshelf bookmark at Richland Library Main and use the reading prompts on the back to discover authors, genres, and books you might not otherwise pick up.
Take a photo of the book cover and share it on social media usting the hashtag #BroaderBookshelf. Don't forget to keep track of each title on the back of your bookmark.
Complete all 14 reading prompts and bring the bookmark to the Business, Careers and Research desk on the Third Level at Main for a small prize. (Yes! You can check off more than one category with the same book!)
- Read a book recommended by Richland Library staff.
- Read 2017's One Book One Community selection, Grant Park by Leonard Pitts, Jr.
- Read a biography of a woman.
- Read a book of poetry.
- Read a book from the children's or teen's section.
- Read a Blind Date with a Book selection (look for the Blind Date Display in June).
- Read a graphic novel.
- Read a book translated from another language.
- Read a book set in the Carolinas.
- Read a nonfiction book about science.
- Read a book that's inspired a screen adaptation, and then watch the movie or TV show.
- Read a nonfiction book about history.
- Read a book with a main character whose ethnicity is different from yours.
- Read a classic (of any kind) you have never read before.