Emergency Services Guide: Clothing, Food, and Utility Assistance
At Richland Library, we work each day to care for the individuals and families in our community. We understand that families need books to read, a place to learn and, sometimes, even clothing and food. In Columbia, there are many organizations working to provide clothing, food, and utility assistance for individuals and families.
Here are a few organizations in the area providing those services:
- Bethlehem Baptist Church Food Pantry | 1218 Lyon St | (803)254-5651
FOOD. Provides food to families in need living in the Gonzales Gardens and Lyon St. communities. Open Monday and Friday from 10am - 1pm.
- Christ Central Ministries | 2401 Main St | (803)765-1998
FOOD and CLOTHING. Provides food and clothing to individuals and families in the Midlands.
- Clean of Heart | 1219 Laurel St | (855)377-1357 ext. 90
CLOTHING. Provides free showers and laundry services. These services are accessed by appointment only. Please visit the office or call the number above to make an appointment.
- Columbia Metro Baptist Association | 1929 Gadsden St | (803)252-0116
FOOD. Provides food for local food pantries: Beulah Baptist - Thursdays 10am - 12pm; Eau Claire Baptist - Thursdays 10am - 12pm; Rosewood Baptist - Mondays 10am - 12pm; SouthEast Community - Thursdays 3:30pm - 5pm; Suburban Baptist - Sundays 12pm - 1pm & Wednesdays 4pm - 5pm.
- The Cooperative Ministry | 3821 West Beltline | (803)799-3853
FOOD, CLOTHING and UTLITY. Provides food vouchers for use at specific food pantries. Provides clothing and furniture to individuals and families in crisis situations. Provides assistance with rent/mortgage and utility bills when funds are available.
- God's Helping Hands | 919 Holland Ave | (803)791-4167
FOOD, CLOTHING, and UTILITY. Provides emergency assistance to individuals and families. Provides food, clothing and utility assistance to residents of Cayce, West Columbia, and Springdale.
- Harvest Hope Richland Emergency Food Bank | 2220 Shop Rd | (803) 254-4432 ext. 1132
FOOD. Provides food to needy individuals and families. Your photo ID and social security cards for every member of your household must be presented to access services at Harvest Hope.
- Lexington Emergency Food Pantry | 1775 12th St | (803) 794-1627
FOOD. Provides food to needy individuals and families. Your photo ID and social security cards for every member of your household must be presented to access services at the Lexington Emergency Food Pantry.
- The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program | (803)734-0662
UTILITIES. Provides home energy assistance to eligible low-income households to meet their heating and cooling needs.
- Salvation Army | 3024 Farrow Rd | (803)765-0260
FOOD and CLOTHING. Provides meals to homeless individuals and families. Provides clothing for individuals and families in emergency situations.
- Washington Street United Methodist Church Soup Kitchen | 1401 Washington St | (803)256-2417
FOOD. Provides a nutritious meal Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:45am - 12:15pm.