Emergency Services Guide: Emergency Shelters
At Richland Library, we work each day to care for the individuals and families in our community. We understand families need books to read, a place to learn and, sometimes, even emergency shelter. In the Columbia area there are many organizations working to provide these services.
Here are a few of the organizations in the Columbia area working to provide emergency shelter:
- Hannah House | 1726 Sumter St | (803)771-4357
Provides women and children's transitional housing and life skills training.
- Oliver Gospel Mission | 1100 Taylor St | (803)254-6470
Provides emergency shelter for men. Men must provide a picture ID and pass a Breathalyzer test to be eligible to stay.
- Sistercare | 1820 Morlaine Rd | (803)765-9428
Provides services for battered women and their children.
- The Family Shelter | 2411 Two Notch Rd | (803)771-7040
Provides help to homeless families. Identification for parents and children is required.
- Transitions | 2025 Main St | (803)708-4861
Provides emergency shelter for men and women.
- Women's Shelter | 3425 North Main St | (803)779-4706
Provides transitional housing for women.