Emergency Services Guide: Medical and Dental Services
At Richland Library, we work each day to care for the individuals and families in our community. We understand that families need books to read, a place to learn and, sometimes, even medical and dental services. In Columbia there are many organizations working to provide these services.
Here are a few organizations in the Columbia area working to provide medical and dental services:
- Birthright of Columbia | 1405 Gregg St | (803)765-0165 (800)550-4900
Provides information on pregnancy and offers maternity and baby clothes when available.
- Children and Family Health Care | 2638 Two Notch Rd | (803)256-2500
Provides a range of pediatric and specialty services from birth through adulthood.
- Children's Dental Clinic | 2000 Hampton St | (803)576-2739
Provides dental care for children that are enrolled in public school. Child must be eligible for free or reduced lunch, cannot have Medicaid, and cannot have dental insurance.
- Columbia Free Medical Clinic | 1875 Harden St | (803) 765-1503
Provides health care at no cost to residents who cannot pay for services. See website for eligibility requirements.
- Eau Claire Cooperative Health Centers | 1228 Harden St | (803)733-5969
Offers financial assistance to qualified patients and their household members for visits to any of its locations. See website for all locations.
- Good Samaritan Clinic | 7915 Old Percival Rd | (803)790-0239
Provides free medical attention and counseling to anyone in need.
- Laurel Medical Practice | 1520 Laurel St | (803)799-8407
Provides family medicine. This practice is member of the Eau Claire Cooperative Health Centers. See website for eligibility.
- Palmetto Health Community Health Center | 2133 Walker Solomon Way | (803)296-3244
Provides quick access to health care.
- Small Smiles Dental Clinic | 3000 Two Notch Rd | (803)691-9930
Provides dental care for children from low-income families.
- VA Health Care for Homeless Veterans | 6439 Garners Ferry Rd | (803)776-4000
Provides health care for homeless veterans. Visit website to see full list available services.