Flu Shots at Richland Library
Richland Library cares very much about the community and is proud to provide FREE flu shots in partnership with Walgreens Pharmacy.
Shots will be available at the following locations while supplies last. No sign-up is necessary. Ages 12 and over. A parent or guardian must accompany children.
Library Locations: Date: Time:
Main Tuesday, September 26 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Eastover Wednesday, October 4 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
North Main Wednesday, October 11 5 p.m. - 7 p.m
R.L. Outpost at Edgewood Saturday, October 14 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
@2500 Elmwood Ave
Southeast Wednesday, October 25 Noon - 2 p.m.
Ballentine Saturday, October 28 Noon - 2 p.m.
St. Andrews Wednesday, November 1 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Blythewood Wednesday, November 8 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Cooper Wednesday, November 15 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Sandhills Saturday, November 18 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
The flu and pneumonia can be very dangerous - even deadly - if not treated. Every flu season is different and the flu can affect everyone differently. As we enter into the 2017 flu season, it is important to protect your health, the health of your family, and those you may meet.
Why should I get the shot?
A flu shot is needed every year for everyone aged six months and older for two reasons:
· The body's ability to fight off infection decreases over time, so a yearly shot provides the best protection.
· The flu viruses are always changing.
Benefits of the flu shot
· It can reduce the risk of going to the hospital for the flu among children and older adults.
· Helps protect women during and after pregnancy; also protects the baby during pregnancy and for several months after the baby is born.
· May make your symptoms milder if you do get sick.
· Can keep you from getting sick with the flu
Contact Sharita Moultrie, Community Health Specialist, via telephone 803.231.6330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org