Prescription Take Back Day
According to the 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 6.4 million Americans abused controlled prescription drugs. The study shows that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet.
The Drug Enforcement Administration’s National Take Back Day, April 28, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., provides an opportunity for Americans to prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths, by providing a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs.
Richland County Collection Sites:
· City of Columbia Police Department – 1 Justice Sq.
· USC Division of Law Enforcement – Bull St. & Greene St.
· Richland County Sheriff’s Department – 5623 Two Notch Rd.
· Forest Acres Police Department – 5205 N. Trenholm Rd.
· Fort Jackson Police Department – Fort Jackson Main Shopping Center