The library has been exploring easily-accessible sites for a new Richland Library Sandhills location for some time. A new 30,000 square foot shared facility with another like-minded community organization would include:
- Lounge area with exhibit space and circulation kiosks
- 250-500 seat auditorium, which would be shared with a partner organization
- Possible partner facility
- Restroom facility and family restroom
- Restaurant-style catering kitchen
- 70-person meeting room with storage
- Two large conference rooms
- Four small tutor or conference rooms
- Separate computer area in Children’s Department
- Outside programming space and patio
- Partnering Space for three community partners
- Covered drop off area and book returns
Did you know?
Richland Library Sandhills helped pilot the library’s Read to a Dog program, which helps struggling readers gain confidence by reading to licensed therapy dogs.
See our locations page for directions and hours at the current Sandhills library.
March 4, 2014 Update
To date, there is no decision on where the new Richland Library Sandhills facility will be located. The library has explored several options and is hoping to create a shared facility with another like-minded organization. For customers’ convenience, the new facility will be located outside of the Summit neighborhood but as close to the existing facility as possible. The library hosted a series of tailored, community conversations to further define the outlined specific needs for Richland Library Sandhills in December.