This completely updated guide is the ultimate tool for planning the perfect trip to one or more of America's 391 magnificent national parks. Focusing on the most trafficked parks as well as the lesser-known gems, this guide includes seashores, trails, wild and scenic rivers, battlefields, and historic sites.
Reviewed by the park rangers themselves, this is also the only guide officially endorsed by the National Park Foundation.
- All 391 sites under National Park Service jurisdiction, including three newcomers to the National Park system: African Burial Ground Designation National Monument in New York; Carter G. Woodson Home National Historic Site in Washington, D.C.; and Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site in Colorado
- Detailed regional maps and visitor information for effortless orientation and planning
- Selected reviews of what to see and do and where to camp and stay
- Tips on where to find food and supplies
- Advice on when to go and how to get there