This book, written with the support of America's oldest fishing tackle business, offers beginners a chance to learn the fundamentals of the great sport of fly fishing quickly and easily. The Orvis Guide to Beginning Fly Fishing can be the start of a lifetime journey of discovery that will increase your intimacy with the natural world and allow you to gain skill and finesse in your fly fishing techniques. Proven teaching techniques and bright, helpful illustrations and photographs will enable new fly fishers to:
* Select and assemble proper, balanced tackle
* Cast a line with authority and accuracy
* Chose the correct fly for any situation
* Tie the two most useful fishing knots
* Find fish in lakes, rivers, and salt water
* and much more
Here are fishing ethics, helpful safety advice, basic angling terms, everything the new fly fisher needs in a crisp, helpful, and finely illustrated primer of the highest rank.