Regular maintenance of your computer will keep your system running smoothly and efficiently. But, can you do this systematically? The computer book Protect, Clean Up and Speed Up Your Computer for SENIORS
explains step by step what you can do to optimize Windows and clean up the hard drive. The many screen shots in the book indicate which button, file or hyperlink you will need to click.
You will learn how to protect your computer from viruses and spyware and how to manage the privacy settings in Internet Explorer. You can make your computer run faster by doing a disk defragmentation and by keeping your startup programs in check.
This computer maintenance teaches you also how to use the Check Disk program to correct errors on your hard drive. All of these measures will help you keep your computer more stable and in good shape.
Learn how to:
- protect your computer from viruses and spyware
- configure Windows Firewall
- manage the privacy and security settings in Internet Explorer
- filter unwanted e-mail
- clear your browsing history in Internet Explorer
- defrag the hard drive using Disk Defragmenter
- create a System Restore Point
- use Windows Update
- manage start up programs
This book is suitable for:
Windows 7 and Vista