While the deadline to enroll in healthcare coverage for 2015 has passed, we all know that life doesn't have an enrollment period! Qualify for a special enrollment period--like a new baby, new marriage, retirement or relocation to SC? We can help!
- If you don't have health insurance for nine or more months during the calendar year, you will have to pay the federal penalty for being uninsured. Click here for more information.
- The Open Enrollment dates for 2016 are November 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016.
We collaborate with several community organizations to raise awareness in Richland County around what the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is and how it will affect our community. Events include monthly forums, hosting certified Navigators and Certified Application Counselors to provide in-person assistance, maintaining a webpage with up-to-date information, and organizing a Speaker’s Bureau of knowledgeable individuals who can present the ACA to various organizations. For more information see our links below, or contact Mrs. Lee Patterson (803-231-6383).
Need assistance now? Ask a Librarian.
Affordable Care Act Navigators at the Library
Affordable Care Act Navigators will meet one-on-one with customers at various branches throughout the Richland Library system. You can contact Lee Patterson at 231-6383 or by email to make an appointment.
Please be aware of telephone scams. SCDCA has received reports of telephone scams related to the Affordable Care Act. For further information, visit www.consumer.sc.gov or call toll-free, 1-800-922-1594.
What you will need:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Birth dates of family members
- Pay stubs, W-2 forms, or "Wage and Tax Statements"
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any health insurance the family could qualify for from an employer
With the generous support of the Knight Foundation Donor Advised Funds at Central Carolina Community Foundation, Richland Library will lead the efforts for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Initiative to raise awareness and education of Richland County residents regarding the impact and options of the ACA.
Knight Foundation supports transformational ideas that promote quality journalism, advance media innovation, engage communities and foster the arts. The foundation believes that democracy thrives when people and communities are informed and engaged. For more, visit KnightFoundation.org.