Open Enrollment is over! The dates for this next open enrollment are November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
- If you don't have health insurance for nine or more months during the calendar year, you will have to pay the federal penalty for being uninsured. That penalty has increased this year to $695/adult or 2.5% of your income, whichever is greater. Click here for more information.
We collaborate with several community organizations to raise awareness in Richland County around what the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is and how it will affect our community. Richland Library, thanks to a generous grant from Palmetto Project, is hosting certified Navigators to provide in-person assistance to our customers. We are also maintaining a webpage with up-to-date information and organizing a Speaker’s Bureau of knowledgeable individuals who can present the ACA to various organizations. For more information see our links below, or contact Mrs. Lee Patterson (803-231-6383).
Affordable Care Act Navigators at the Library
Affordable Care Act Navigators will meet one-on-one with customers at various branches throughout the Richland Library system. You can contact Lee Patterson at 231-6383 or by email to make an appointment.
Please be aware of telephone scams. SCDCA has received reports of telephone scams related to the Affordable Care Act. For further information, visit www.consumer.sc.gov or call toll-free, 1-800-922-1594.
What you will need:
- Log-in information if you have already created a healthcare.gov account
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Birth dates of family members
- Pay stubs, W-2 forms, or "Wage and Tax Statements"
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any health insurance the family could qualify for from an employer