- The next open enrollment period begins Saturday, November 15, 2014 and will end Sunday, February 15, 2015.
- If you don't have health insurance for 9 or more months during the calendar year, you will have to pay the federal penalty for being uninsured. Click here for more information.
We collaborate with several community organizations to raise awareness in Richland County around what the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is and how it will affect our community. Events include monthly forums, hosting certified Navigators and Certified Application Counselors to provide in-person assistance, maintaining a webpage with up-to-date information, and organizing a Speaker’s Bureau of knowledgeable individuals who can present the ACA to various organizations. For more information see our links below, or contact Mrs. Lee Patterson (803-231-6383).
Need assistance now? Ask a Librarian.
Affordable Care Act Navigators at the Library
Affordable Care Act Navigators will meet one-on-one with customers at various branches throughout the Richland Library system. The hours below are walk-in hours where an appointment is not needed. The planned schedule, beginning Tuesday, November 18, 2014 is:
Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
- Wednesdays from 10:00a - 6:00p
The planned schedule, beginning Monday, November 24, 2014 is:
Richland Library St. Andrews, 2916 Broad River Road, Columbia, SC 29210
- Mondays from 10:00a - 1:00p
Richland Library Northeast, 7490 Parklane Road, Columbia, SC 29223
- Wednesdays from 12:00p - 2:00p
Affordable Care Act Navigators can answer questions, and assist with enrollment. You can contact Lee Patterson at 231-6383 or via email to make an appointment outside of these hours and locations.
Please be aware of telephone scams. SCDCA has received reports of telephone scams related to the Affordable Care Act. For further information, visit www.consumer.sc.gov or call toll-free, 1-800-922-1594.
What you will need:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Birth dates of family members
- Pay stubs, W-2 forms, or "Wage and Tax Statements"
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any health insurance the family could qualify for from an employer
With the generous support of the Knight Foundation Donor Advised Funds at Central Carolina Community Foundation, Richland Library will lead the efforts for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Initiative to raise awareness and education of Richland County residents regarding the impact and options of the ACA.
Knight Foundation supports transformational ideas that promote quality journalism, advance media innovation, engage communities and foster the arts. The foundation believes that democracy thrives when people and communities are informed and engaged. For more, visit KnightFoundation.org.