If you've got all your information ready, start now by going to the federal marketplace at healthcare.gov
Need assistance now? Ask a Librarian.
Use the checklist below to help you gather what you need to apply for coverage. Open Enrollment starts November 1, 2015 for coverage starting as early as January 1, 2016. Open Enrollment ends January 31, 2016. If you need coverage before January 2016, click here to learn about Special Enrollment Periods.
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Birth dates of family members
- Pay stubs, W-2 forms, or "Wage and Tax Statements"
- Your best estimate of what your household income will be in 2016.
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any health insurance the family could qualify for from an employer (have your employer complete the “Employer Coverage Tool” before your appointment).
- Notices from your current plan that include your plan ID, if you have or had health coverage in 2015.