Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands (STSM) is a private, non-profit, 501(c)(3), United Way member agency, which first began serving victims of sexual assault in 1983 as the Rape Crisis Network. STSM's mission is to provide services to sexual trauma survivors and education about sexual trauma issues.
- 24-hour hotline service: 771-RAPE (7273) or toll free at 1-800-491-RAPE
- 24-hour Hospital Accompaniment
- Free, confidential Crisis Counseling, Individual Counseling, and Group Services
- Personal and Legal Advocacy/Court Accompaniment
- Services to Spanish-speaking clients
- Community Education and Awareness
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Advocate: Accompany survivors to the hospital to provide information & support and answer 24-hour crisis hotline
- Office Volunteer: Assist with special projects and events; clerical and administrative work
- Speaker’s Bureau: Represent STSM at community events and speaking engagements
- Group Facilitator: Facilitate psychoeducational and support groups in the community
- For information about volunteer opportunities, go to stsm.org/volunteer/volunteer or contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 790-8208.
- Age Range: All ages
- Category: Service