Searchable online database with early American newspapers, magazines and county histories
- The Civil War database, with the full text of major articles from The New York Herald,The Charleston Mercury and The Richmond Enquirer from November 1, 1860 to April 15, 1865.
- The African-American Newspapers database, containing seven of the major African-American newspapers of the 19th century and other major historical newspapers from the 18th and 19th century.
Provides a keyword searchable collection of genealogical research materials for tracing family history and American culture
- More than 25,000 family and local history books
- The complete United States Federal Census, 1790-1930
- The Periodical Source Index (PERSI)
- A subject index to more than 6,500 genealogy and local history periodicals
- Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Application Files
Access full-text articles published in The State (from 1987 to present) and 187 other newspapers from around the country
- In-depth information on local and regional issues, as well as national and international news
- Newspaper obituaries and death notices from nationwide publications
- National social security death index
- Some news magazine coverage