Awards Season Is Here!
It’s the time of year for artists and actors to be recognized for their outstanding performances. Stay tuned in the coming weeks to find out who all the winners are!
Get set up for Richland Library’s eMagazine collection
Part 1: Sign up for Richland Library’s eMagazine collection
- Melissa Thigpen
How do I find them now? We know that change can be hard, especially when your favorite things have moved and you can't find them. But our goal at the library is not to make finding the things you need hard. We want to make getting what you need easy so we have collected a list of the most used online resources for your convenience. Just click on the links below to get started.
- Richland Library stocks over 900 magazines and 120 newpapers, from local newspapers to national scientific journals. Main Library's news desk is located on the second level. Newspapers and magazines are kept in print or electronic form, and libary staff are happy to help you research a project or find the right article. Call us at 803-929-3405 for research or periodicals questions.
Online access newspaper, magazine, and journal databases can help you find the most accurate information 24/7. Browse the list below, call us at 929-3405, email us at email@example.com, or come to the Main Library and ask for assistance. We'll be glad to help!
Researching your family history?
Stop by the Walker Local and Family History Center for:
- Family history document beginner packets.
- Advise and recommendations to further your research efforts.
- Search the online local obituary index and request retrieval of archived obituaries.
- Search the genealogy databases listed below. Free to Richland Library card holders.
The Local History digital collection includes several resources including Columbia City Directories and the newly discovered Confederate rolls.
Need an obituary from the Columbia area?
- Stop by the Walker Local and Family History Center for:
Come on in!
Library staff at all 11 locations are excited to help you choose a book, or you can browse to your heart's content through our stacks. Richland Library holds over one million books, more than 900 magazine titles in print, and nearly 90,000 DVDs and CDs. Library staff are always willing to offer assistance in choosing a good book, movie or CD, or helping you find that one item you've been searching for. Come on in!