Freelancer? Self-employed? Need a new environment? The Richland Library Coworking Center, located on the third level of the Main library, offers a free, fully equiped, self-service workspace. Work in our quiet, spacious corner office with a beautiful view of downtown Columbia. Plus you’ll have all of the library’s resources right at your fingertips.
Richland Library’s Coworking Center offers:
- Key-accessed enclosed space
- Wireless Internet
- 6 desks with power outlets
- 1 Mac station with Adobe Creative Suite and a scanner
- Storage lockers
- Lounge seating
- Online reservation system
- Six desks are available and can be reserved for up to eight hours per day.
- One Mac station (with Adobe Creative Suite 6 and scanner) is available and can be reserved for up to eight hours per day.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 2 days in advance.
- One reservation is allowed per day per customer.
- Your reservation may be cancelled if you do not arrive within 30 minutes of the start time.
- Pick up your keys at the Business and Job Center on the Third Level when you arrive.
- Return your keys to a staff member at the Business and Job Center on the Third Level when you are finished.
- A $20 fee will be added to your library record if the keys are lost or not returned.
- It may be possible to extend your reservation if no one has reserved your desk in the period following.
- Laptops can be borrowed at the Checkout Desk, but availability is limited.
- There is no access to a wired network in the Coworking Center, but free public Wi-Fi is available.
- Richland Library is not responsible for loss or theft of your belongings.
- Sit at the desk reserved for you, and use the corresponding locker to store your belongings.
- Everything must be removed from your locker at the end of your reservation.
- Do not disturb your coworkers. The Coworking Center is not to be used for interviews, telemarketing, or other loud or disruptive activities.
- Coworkers are expected to comply with Richland Library’s Code of Conduct.
- Lack of adherence to these guidelines may result in loss of privileges.If you would like to proceed, click AGREE.
Your feedback is very important to us. You may receive surveys via email periodically. You participation will help us build a better coworking center, and a better library.