In honor of National Library Week (Sunday, April 7 - Saturday, April 13, 2019), we’re sharing seven things you might not know about your library but will definitely love.
1. More than 232,000 people have a Richland Library card. Want one yourself? Click here.
2. Over the last four years, Richland Library has renovated and enhanced our 11 existing locations, thanks to the $59 million bond referendum that Richland County residents passed back in 2013.
Each location now features a destination piece, such as the recording studio at Richland Library North Main, the 250-seat auditorium at Richland Library Sandhills and the Teaching Kitchen at Richland Library Northeast. Want to learn more? Click here.
3. Throughout 2018, our staff offered more than 4,000 programs for children, teens and adults across the library system.
See what's planned at a library location that is closest to you by clicking here.
4. Richland Library is the only library in the state of South Carolina to offer a Social Work Department, and we're one of less than 50 libraries in the country.
Want to make an appointment with one of our social workers? Click here.
5. There are more than 45 meeting spaces available across the library system.
These highly sought-after spaces are flexible, and they support community collaboration and group discussions. Want to reserve a room? Click here.
6. The Makerspace and Woodshop at Richland Library Main offer access to high-tech equipment, free of charge.
We're talking about an air compressor, belt/spindle sander, Dremel, mitre saw and wood burning tools. View the full list or schedule an orientation by clicking here.
7. Around 20 people are working toward an accredited high school diploma as part of Richland Library's new program, Career Online High School.
We're the only library in the Carolinas to offer this program. Want to learn more about enrollment? Click here.
What do you love most about Richland Library? We'd love to hear from you on our social channels - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to include the following hashtags: #LibrariesStrong; #NationalLibraryWeek; and #LibrariesTransform.