Job searching doesn't have to stop while you're at home. Check out these tips and resources on how to find employment now from our Business and Careers Team.
If your employment is affected by COVID-19, we're here to help. Our Business and Careers team put together this great list of resources to help you find employment now, prepare you for online applications and interviews, and equip you with tools to earn supplemental income or find out if you qualify for unemployment.
Filing for Unemployment Benefits
Visit the South Carolina Department of Employment's NEW COVID-19 Resource Hub for FAQs and Youtube videos with step by step instructions to help you apply.
With increased demand for certain services, several businesses are seeking to hire temporary workers.
- Condustrial: send your resume to email@example.com.
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree and Family Dollar
- Harsco Rail
- Lexington County Sheriff's Department
- Richland Library
- SC Department of Transportation: Check here, and here
- SC Works Midlands Hot Jobs
- Southeast Restaurant Corporation
- Volt Workforce Solutions: Sent your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
How To Earn Supplemental Income
- 15 Safe Ways to Earn Extra Cash in the Age of the Coronavirus
Searching for Employment and Tips for Success
The State of the Job Search: Articles to educate and empower employers and employees
- 10 Effects Coronavirus Has Already Had on Job Seekers
- What to do if you’re laid off because of the coronavirus
- The State of Job Search
Recruiter's Perspective: Tips for job searching success online
- 5 Interview Prep Tips to Help Ensure Your Good Candidates Aren’t Being Excluded for Bad Reasons
- A Top Recruiter’s 9 Secrets for Phone Interview Success
- 8 Proven Video Interview Tips to Help You Succeed
- Kick Ageism to the Curb-Your Career Isn’t Over Crowd-sourced Resource