With the first day of Spring just around the corner let's create some seed bombs that can be the perfect gift for family and friends. Or to plant at your home.
What You’ll Need
Plastic Bucket or Bowl
4 Packs Sunflower Seeds
Air Dry Clay
Extra Seed Packs
1. First, we are going to put into our bowl 1 part potting soil to 4 parts of clay, then add our sunflower seeds. Don’t be worried if your measurements are a little off. You just want to make sure there is more clay in the bowl than soil.
2. Next, you will mix everything together. This may be hard at first if the clay wasn't stored in a warm location. Work in small sections using those little fingers to get messy! Talk with your little one about the textures and colors they feel and see as they're mixing everything together.
3. Then add water. You want to add just enough that the mixture is the consistency of dough. The mix should be slightly firm so don’t make it too watery. If you add too much water put a little more potting soil in the mix to firm it up.
4. Now it’s time to get your roll on! Grab a lime-sized amount of your mixture and use the palm of your hands to roll it into a ball and place them on the parchment paper. Once done let your seed bombs dry overnight. It may take longer to dry if you live in a more humid area.
5. Once dry you can package them as gifts or plant them in your garden at home!
Need seeds? Stop by Richland Library Eastover and visit our Seed Sanctuary. Customers are able to check out 4 packs of seed per visit!