Use fresh reading prompts each year to discover authors, genres and books you might not otherwise pick up. Current year's prompts are listed below.
Take a photo of the book cover and share it on social media using #BroaderBookshelf.
Don't forget to jot each title down next to the prompt on your tracking sheet.You can check off more than one category with the same book!
Complete all 14 reading prompts and e-mail a picture of your completed tracking record to email@example.com. We’ll send a small prize to your preferred location for curbside pick-up and enter you into a drawing for a Richland Library #BroaderBookshelf tote bag.
2021 Reading Prompts
- Read a book suggested by a Richland Library staff member.
- Read a play.
- Read a romance novel.
- Read the first book in a series by a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color) author.
- Read a book whose protagonist is a villain or anti-hero.
- Read a social science book.
- Read a book written by a Central or South American author.
- Read a Blind Date with a Book selection (July and December).
- Read a book set in one of the Four Corner states (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah).
- Read a fiction or nonfiction book by a journalist.
- Read a book with a one-word title.
- Read a book published by a small or independent press.
- Read a retelling of a classic, fairy tale or myth.
- Read a book with a cat or dog on the cover.