As a public body, the Richland Library Board of Trustees recognizes citizens who wish to provide input at regular and special called meetings.
• There shall be one Citizens’ Input segment at each board meeting.
• Citizens must be residents of Richland County to speak.
• A citizen may speak up to three (3) minutes; however, the entire Citizens’ Input time shall not exceed 30 minutes.
• The request to provide citizens’ input must be requested by noon on the day of the board meeting. Requests to address the Board should be sent to Community Relations at 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201 or CommunityRelations_mg@RichlandLibrary.com.
• Due to the time allotted for citizens’ input, no audio or visual presentations will be accepted.
• No signs or placards will be allowed while participating or attending the board meeting.
• Requests that are not received by noon on the day of the board meeting, will be considered for the next board meeting.
• Citizens may be permitted to present input to the Board virtually.
• If a citizen would like to provide input via proxy, they will submit their request as outlined above along with their statement of input which is not to exceed 450 words.
• At the meeting, the citizen will sign in with name and contact information (zip code and email address). The sign-in sheet reflects the following:
Richland Library Board of Trustees’ vision to improve the quality of life for everyone who interacts with Richland Library is best served when every person, including trustees, library staff and citizens participating in the Board meetings, acts with respect, civility and professionalism. This includes no defamatory, abusive and vulgar language. The citizen should not address individuals during the input session, to include but not limited to, staff members, board members, or other community members.
• The Board Chair will announce Citizens’ Input, state the rules governing citizens’ input and recognize speakers. If a citizen intends to speak on behalf of a group, association, or community, this must be included in their request to speak and also reiterated prior to addressing the Board.
• There will be no verbal response to citizens’ input from the Board.
• The timer will begin when the citizen states their name. If the citizen has specific requests or questions relating to their input, they will be asked to write those down and submit them to Community Relations addresses above.
• All citizens providing input must adhere to the Richland Library Code of Conduct at all times during the board meeting.
The Board of Trustees oversees and guides the long-term strategies for the ongoing success of Richland Library. They embrace our commitment to enhancing our communities through their time, insight and dedication over a four-year term. To learn more about the Board of Trustees, click here.
Requests to address the Board should be sent to:
Attention Community Relations
1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201