Welcome to the Multisensory Room at Richland Library Southeast. The Multisensory Room is a therapeutic environment that promotes intellectual stimulation, calmness and relaxation. Library cardholders can complete an orientation to use the space.
- Interactive bubble tube
- Nanoleaf Canvas
- Fiber Optic Light Spray
- Rifton Large Activity Chair
- Sensory Bins
- Weighted Blankets
Rules & Procedures:
- The Southeast Multisensory Room is open to Richland Library cardholders 18 years and older. Cardholders ages 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Customers are expected to comply with Richland Library’s Code of Conduct and Meeting Room Policy.
- The cardholder who makes the reservation must be present during the entire session.
- Customers must have documented orientation training to use specific equipment.
- Occupancy is limited to 5 people.
- Refreshments are prohibited in this space.
- If something breaks, or is found broken, please immediately report it to a staff member.
- No tape or adhesive of any kind may be used on the walls, windows or furniture.
- Please keep the door closed. If you need to step out momentarily, please close the door and ask a staff member for re-entry.
- This room does have a 1-hour time limit Monday – Saturday and a 30 minute limit on Sundays.
**Please remember that the Multisensory Room is a shared community space. Be courteous to your peers by keeping the space clean and honoring your reservation time slot.
All Richland Library cardholders interested in using the Southeast Multisensory Room will need to attend an orientation.
Customers will be guided through the proper use of equipment and will receive an overview of the Multisensory Room procedures and Richland Library’s meeting room policies.
To schedule an orientation:
- e-mail SEmultisensory_mg@richlandlibrary.com
- talk with a member of Southeast's staff
Please note, wait times for orientations vary depending on availability. Orientation available in Spanish upon request.
Once certified to use the space, you may reserve the Multisensory Room online or by calling 803-776-0855.