Building a freestanding library facility in the growing northwest region of Richland County has been a part of the library’s capital needs plan since its development in 2007. Thanks to support from Richland County Council, approximately seven acres of land at 1200 Dutch Fork Road in Ballentine has been purchased. A new 15,000 square foot facility would include space for:
- 70-person meeting room with storage
- One large conference room
- Two tutor or small conference rooms
- 12-person Student Learning Lab
- Partnering Space for two partners
- Covered drop off and book returns
- Possible drive up window for holds pick up
- Circulation kiosks and self-service stations
- Addition of outdoor programming space
Did you know?
Richland Library Ballentine’s new book club for adults is currently at standing room only.
See our locations page for directions and hours at the current Ballentine library.