Learn new job skills, brush up on a topic you studied long ago or explore something new thanks to the more than 3,500 web-based video courses and step-by-step tutorials available through Lynda.com for Libraries.
Getting started is easy:
1. Sign in with your library card number and PIN
2. Create a personal account with your email address and a password
3. Track your courses, bookmarks and playlists
Courses for all levels cover technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. Courses may also include exercise files (practice), closed captioning and text transcripts. Certificates of Completion are awarded for successfully completing a course so you can track and demonstrate your learning.
Start Learning with Lynda.com
Below is a sampling of the type of courses available:
• Business Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint;
• Design Software: Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
• Web Design: Web graphics, Interactive Design, Prototyping and more.
• Social Media and Web Publishing Tools: Facebook, Twitter and Wordpress
• Photography: Lighting and Photographing a Still Life, Photography 101: Shooting in Low Light, GIMP:Essential Training
• Business and Career Skills: Productivity, Marketing, Time Management and more.
• Job Search Tools: Resume design, Searching for Positions, Working with Recruiters and many more.