How it Works
Earn a point by...
1. Reading for 30 minutes,
2. Attending a Summer Learning Challenge program online, or
3. Completing a learning activity of your choice
Track points by...
1. Adding your points to your paper record, or
2. Logging reading and activities online
Once you've earned 30 points...
1. Give yourself a pat on the back.
2. Receive your medal (children) or choose to Read it Forward (teens and adults).*
3. Collect your free pass to the Columbia Museum of Art (Good for entry of one adult and one child under 18 through December 31.)*
🌟 Stay tuned for additional details on prize pick-up.
Making Summer Count
Summer Slide, or summer learning loss, refers to the unfortunate issue that on average students lose up to two months of learning over the summer. Summer learning loss often impacts low-income students the most, and the loss is cumulative, getting worse each and every summer.
However, there is good news! Reading for just 30 minutes a day can prevent the Summer Slide and help ensure that students return to school in August ready to learn.
We are committed to helping every student avoid the Summer Slide with a summer full of reading and learning. If you have questions or need personalized recommendations for your child, please call us at 803-799-9084.
Show us what you're learning using #ilearnbecause on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.