Richland Library's Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EiR) will offer diverse entrepreneurs the opportunity to connect and interact with successful entrepreneurs and business experts who truly understand the disparities of entrepreneurship due to their own life experiences.
The EIR will be available for one-on-one mentoring appointments to inspire and motivate individuals in their journey, and will design and present entrepreneur-focused programs with diverse subject matter experts to cultivate learning and networking.
Due to Covid-19, this will be a virtual residency with in-person services contingent on changes to current library safety protocols and operating procedures.
Residency runs January - April 2021
40 hours per month including:
Office Hours (5 hrs per week)
- $2,100 / Monthly Stipend
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Committed to developing Columbia’s small business community by mentoring and inspiring new entrepreneurs.
- A proven record of starting and developing a successful small to medium-sized business in Richland County, South Carolina.
- Three or more years of successful business experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of evaluation business ideas and plans against essential criteria for success.
Closing date for proposals:
11:59 p.m. on Friday, December 4, 2020