About the Job
Richland Library is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator for Main.
“Libraries aren’t amenities; we’re necessities. And we will continue to move our communities forward, making sure our residents are prepared for the future.” Melanie Huggins, Executive Director
Are you someone who gets things done? Passionate about trying new things and leading people to achieve results? Understand and appreciate the value of modern public libraries?
We’re in search of someone who can lead a team of peers and work independently. Someone who knows waterfall and agile and stays up-to-date on the latest developments and tools. Someone who thrives on words AND numbers. Someone with a passion for the Midlands who can support library staff in serving their communities.
Library Project Coordinators manage large-scale library projects and initiatives from planning to completion, executing deliverables and managing the work of team members from across the system who represent a variety of professions and personalities.
And here are a few ways we describe the people who work at the library:
- Committed to offering you the best
- Fresh and fun
If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Manage the work of cross-functional teams to develop and execute plans for multiple large-scale projects.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and document requirements and priorities.
- Coordinate project work: ensure project tasks are performed on time and in sequence; manage resources; track progress and report results.
- Effectively communicate and document project KPIs, schedules and milestone delivery to team members and administration.
- Ensure completion of project deliverables under deadline.
- Resolve project issues, mitigate risks.
- Assist and advise other library staff who are managing projects.
- Collect, analyze, and manage quantitative data and create meaningful reports to drive business improvement.
What you need:
- Demonstrated understanding of PMI Process Groups and Knowledge Areas.
- Thorough knowledge of the latest project management methodologies, including but not limited to Agile and waterfall.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and communicate complex data.
- Collaborative mentality -- team leader AND team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Independent worker.
- Keen negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem definer and solver.
- Dedicated to the mission of the library.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in project management.
- PMP© or CAPM© preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management tools: Basecamp or other project management software; Office 365 including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Planning and Projects Department* 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $1,552.00 - $1,599.00 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, including some evenings and weekends.
Job Classification Level: 111
FLSA Status: Exempt
* Richland Library may change location and schedule of any Library job.
APPLY IMMEDIATELY. No deadline is presently established for this Vacancy. Applications are being accepted now. When a deadline is determined, the deadline will be announced 24 hours in advance on the Library’s website.
Please do not send your resume/cover letter separately; only materials submitted through our online system are reviewed. You may attach your resume and/or cover letter to your online application. Keep in mind that if you are applying for multiple positions, you will need to submit an application for each position.
Why Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.