Richland Library is seeking a temp to hire Accounts Payable Specialist at our Main location.
- Effectively demonstrates characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of the Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Promotes a high standard of customer service experience with internal and external communications and relationships.
- Processes invoices for all Library purchases. Ensure bills are accurate, approved and correctly entered into the system
- Creates and reconciles payments to vendors through a variety of payment methods (ACH, direct debit, check, etc.)
- Pay book bills with p-card transactions and reconcile the transactions to the general ledger.
- Reconciles all accounts payable transactions to include analyzing and resolving payable discrepancies
- Updates and maintains the vendor database, accounts payable general ledger and assists with budget difficulties.
- Research discrepancies between purchase orders and invoices.
- Reviews utilities bills for each location to verify for accuracy and consistency.
- Communicates with departments and vendors regarding any issues.
- Reviews and processes refund requests.
- Communication with vendors and library staff to assist in reconciling invoices and purchase orders.
- Assists in preparation of materials for the annual audit.
- Manages the year end process for accounts payable to include 1099 processing and closing AP for the fiscal year.
- Working with other roles in finance for internal control purposes. This could include payroll, petty cash, deposits, and more.
Other Important Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains files (electronic and paper format) and related financial information.
- Creates correspondence, reports, forms, and other types of communication as necessary.
- Performs other associated duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Accurate and quick data entry skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Additional skills as required by job.
- Ability to perform job functions.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $1,384.61 - $1,423.07 bi-weekly plus benefits after 90 days
Hours: 37.5 hours per week:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am- 5:30 pm
Job Classification Level 107 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title and location on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.