About the Job
Our online application is not working properly with Internet Explorer. Please use another browser to submit your application such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for our Southeast location.
Richland Library Southeast is utilized by a diverse population including military, urban and rural customers. Our Southeast location is undergoing renovations. The renovated 19,000 square foot facility will have increased access to new technology, meeting rooms, outdoor programming space, and more.
Stay up-to-date on the latest renovation news for Southeast at BuildingYourLibrary.com.
We are seeking someone who is energetic, outgoing, and positive to work in this location. This individual enjoys working with people of all ages. This individual has a passion for customer service and may have a background in a customer-oriented field such as retail or food & beverage.
- Planning and assisting with activities and events for people of all ages.
- Assisting library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers; and with technology, internet, and software questions (examples include Microsoft Office, email, and online job applications).
- Assisting the Southeast Manager and other staff with the overall management and leadership of the library in that location, including helping to keep the workflow moving and meeting customer experience expectations.
- Assisting a diverse customer base with selecting a wide variety of materials.
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Assisting customers with equipment, materials, procedures, and information.
- Paying careful attention to detail when handling library materials and completing established library processes in order to ensure the best possible experience for the customer.
- Assisting in training and supervising volunteers, and guiding priorities within activities and tasks.
- Helping to oversee the Library operations during absence of higher level staff.
- Actively supporting the needs of the Library, including opening and closing procedures; supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the Library’s collection.
- Performing other duties as required or assigned.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university.
- One year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Southeast ** 7421 Garners Ferry Rd., Columbia, SC 29209
Salary range: $13.00 per hour
Hours: 20.0 hours per week. Please state on your application which schedule(s) you would be available to work if selected for this position, according to below scenarios:
a) Schedule A: Monday & Wednesday 4 - 9 p.m., Thursday 5 - 9 p.m.; every other weekend Saturday 9-6 & Sunday 2-6
b) Schedule B: Monday & Tuesday 4 - 9 p.m., Wednesday 5 - 9 p.m.; every other weekend Saturday 9-6 & Sunday 2-6
c) Schedule C: Monday 5 - 9 p.m., Tuesday & Thursday 4 - 9 p.m.; every other weekend Saturday 9-6 & Sunday 2-6
d) Schedule D: Tuesday 5 - 9 p.m., Wednesday & Thursday 4 - 9 p.m.; every other weekend Saturday 9-6 & Sunday 2-6
Job Classification Level: 104
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Deadline: Open Until Filled. Applicants will be notified by email once the position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.