We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and customer-service oriented individual to join the Richland Library Blythewood as a Customer Service Specialist. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, loves to keep everything in tip-top shape to everybody’s satisfaction, and most importantly loves to work with people of all ages.
Are you ready to help support and ensure exceptional experiences for all our customers – from a warm welcome to a fond farewell?
If your answer is “Yes!”, we encourage you to apply!
Our online application works best on the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Please do not use Internet Explorer when submitting your application.
- Assisting Manager and other staff with the overall management and leadership of the Library, including helping to keep the workflow properly moving and meeting customer experience expectations.
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Assisting customers with equipment, materials, procedures, and information.
- Assisting customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers.
- Assisting customers with technology, internet, and software questions (examples include Microsoft Office, email, and online job applications).
- Acting to find and promote efficiencies, including working to help ensure correct location and condition of items and materials so that customers receive materials and services they desire.
- Contributing effectively to understanding and maintaining the system for organizing and moving materials through the system.
- Assisting with location programming for customers of all ages, including Storytimes.
- Overseeing the library operations during absence of higher level staff.
- Actively supporting the needs of the library, including completion of opening and closing procedures; maintaining supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the library’s collection.
- Performing other associated duties as required or assigned.
As a Richland Library employee you can:
- Make a difference in other peoples' lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to hourly employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Career development
- Time off to recharge and renew
- Holiday closings
- Free and discounted access to books, music and films
We value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
Celebration, Appreciation and Play
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university.
- One year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Blythewood **218 McNulty St., Blythewood, SC 29016
Salary range: $13.65 per hour
Hours: 22.0 hours per week: Tuesday & Thursday 5:00 – 8:00 PM; Friday & Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Job Classification Level 104 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.