Richland Library is seeking to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst for our Main location.
Traditionally, libraries have counted outputs of the work we do, but not necessarily outcomes – the results of the work, what has changed in people’s lives because of their interaction with the library. You will guide the library in measuring outputs and outcomes for operational, day-to-day work, special projects and initiatives, and in support of the Strategic Plan goals. You will also manage monthly statistical reporting, and create and manage dashboard software to fuel data-driven decision-making.
Our online application is not working properly with Internet Explorer. Please use another browser to submit your application such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Business Intelligence: oversee all aspects of business intelligence and data analytics to enhance decision making and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Community Impact Reports: Using our Strategic Plan as a guide, you will create a menu of data indicators from internal and external sources. Once established, this tool will be used to illustrate the many ways our numbers support the goals of the Strategic Plan, and how that plan supports the goals of the community as a whole.
- Business Intelligence Software: create and maintain a dashboard of existing data points to guide organizational priorities for staffing, space optimization and spending when making decisions on current and potential services, locations and demographics.
- Data Visualization: create visually appealing and understandable reports from relevant data sources.
- Maintain monthly statistical reports:
- Review overall statistics regularly for trends and opportunities
- Research anomalies at the ground level to determine cause
- Work with teams to make recommendations for improvement
- Work closely with all relevant teams, departments and locations to ascertain their needs and determine ways to help quantify their goals.
- Work closely with Marketing & Digital Strategy to optimize the use of the library’s CRM reporting capabilities.
- Performing other associated duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in a quantitative field (e.g. finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, or similar).
- 3-5 years demonstrated business analysis experience.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python or R.
- Experience using PowerBI or Tableau to analyze and present large data sets.
- Exemplary communication skills.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to salaried employees that support employees, spouses and their children.
Some of our benefits include:
• Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision
• Retirement savings plan
• Paid time off and holiday pay
• Resources to help improve your overall well-being
Location & Hours:
Where: Planning and Projects Department **1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201. This position involves visiting our locations system wide.
Salary range: $52,357.50 - $54,000.00, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours
Job Classification Level 114 (FLSA Status: Exempt)