Deadline to Apply
Richland Library is seeking to hire a Full-Time Associate at our Eastover location.
- Works directly with customers locating, checking out, and renewing materials, placing holds, using automated library system; assists customers (in-library and on telephone) with basic informational and directional requests
- Assists customers with using PAC terminals, copiers, and other equipment
- Answers reference and technology questions, responds to customer requests, completes complex processes correctly, interprets Library policies and procedures to customer and other staff members, and refers customers to professional staff for assistance as appropriate
- Supports departmental / location needs, including but not limited to, maintaining supplies, statistics, cleaning, checking and trouble-shooting equipment, scheduling and confirming meeting rooms, and maintaining orderliness of the Library’s collection
- Implements best practice standards and assures alignment with guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Answers questions and interprets and communicates general policies and procedures to customers
- Conducts searches for holds and other materials on shelves using printouts and lists
- Empties materials return boxes, transports materials and processes returned items
- Gathers, compiles, or submits required data and statistics
- Handles fees and payments
- Enforces the Richland Library Code of Conduct and follows established guidelines
- May assist with programs and trainings for diverse audiences including but not limited to, story times, film showings, and technology trainings
- Follows organizational, County, and public health and safety guidelines and protocols and performs job functions in a safe manner; reports all safety hazards per established policies and procedures
- Attends and participates in staff and professional group meetings; stays current on new trends and best practices
- Learns and consistently exhibits Richland Library’s brand promises in all interactions with customers and colleagues; provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers; successfully ascertains and meets the individualized needs of each customer
- May be required to work nights and weekends based on organizational responsibilities and job requirements
High School diploma or GED; supplemented by two (2) years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Eastover, 608 Main Street, Eastover, SC 29044
Salary: $1,181.27 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week to include a rotating weekend:
Monday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; Tuesday - Thursday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm; Every other Friday/Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Job Role & Level: A3; Pay Grade & Salary Band: 3; FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Please click this link to apply!
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.