About the Job
Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for our Eastover location.
The successful applicant possesses proven dedication to providing excellent customer service to a diverse audience, excellent communication and technology skills. The ideal candidate may be someone with good experience in retail or hospitality.
Nestled between the Eastover Town Hall and several soon-to-be reclaimed historical buildings, Richland Library Eastover offers residents unparalleled access to the latest technology and increased opportunities for early literacy-while serving as a gathering spot for this tight-knit community.
- Assisting the Eastover Manager and librarians with the overall management and leadership of that location, including helping to keep the workflow properly moving and creating personalized customer experiences.
- Leading, coaching, training, and supervising part-time employees and volunteers, guiding priorities within activities and tasks.
- Managing operations during absence of higher level staff.
- May assist the location manager in managing employee performance for success; as well as with aspects of interviewing, hiring, and training of new staff and volunteers.
- Planning and assisting with activities and events for people of all ages.
- Assisting library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers; and technology resources in general.
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Actively supporting the needs of the library, including shelving materials; creating and maintaining displays; performing opening and closing procedures; maintaining supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and troubleshooting equipment; scheduling and confirming meeting room reservations, sustaining the library’s collection.
- Bachelor’s degree (two years’ college plus at least eight years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree).
- Preference for at least one-year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
Your job will involve your being on the move in our libraries. It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Eastover** 608 Main Street, Eastover, SC 29044
Salary range: $1,102.00 - $1,132.00 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours.
Job Classification Level: 106
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
APPLY IMMEDIATELY. No deadline is presently established for this Vacancy. Applications are being accepted now. When a deadline is determined, the deadline will be announced 24 hours in advance on the Library’s website.
If you are considering submitting a resume/cover letter, you may attach to your online application.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.