About the Job
Our online application is not working properly with Internet Explorer. Please use another browser to submit your application such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Richland Library is seeking to hire a Manager for our Eastover location.
Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. We believe in creating limitless possibilities for employees and customers; and guided by Our Promises.
We are… Welcoming; Caring; Committed to Offering You the Best; Helpful; Fresh and Fun!
Richland Library has an opening for a Branch Manager in Eastover, SC.
Do you want to be a part of an organization that is committed to and changing lives every day? With nearly 400 employees, we express that Learning takes many paths in today’s twenty-first century library. We’re continually inspired to find new ways to serve our super-users, entice new customers and enhance current services.
Instrumental in making this happen is the Branch Manager. This role is a leader in the local Eastover community and responsible for assuring that branch operational and financial performance goals are met. In your local Eastover community, you will offer a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors. In addition to running your own branch, you will also have the best of both worlds; as you will also enjoy collaborating with teams on literary and cultural programs across our 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county.
As a Richland Library employee you can:
- Make a difference in other peoples' lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally
What you'll do as the Branch Manager:
- Enhance the quality of life for our entire community.
- Help our customers learn, create and share.
- Plan and conduct creative, innovative programs.
- Maintain liaison activities with community groups and develop programming for those groups.
- Implement and manage ongoing campaigns to increase customer awareness.
Branch Operations and Management:
Plan and direct branch activities to successfully meet goals and objectives.
Implement and ensure the integrity of operational standards.
Perform job site appraisals and safety reviews.
Ensure “best match” worker assignments through effective training and mentoring.
What you bring to the table:
- Acting as the leader of the branch: providing the best possible example and model of excellence, both on the floor and behind-the-scenes.
- Coaching, mentoring, guiding, and effectively supervising staff honestly, directly, and consistently to achieve new levels of excellence.
- Engaging and managing staff, including initiating and implementing plans for employee development.
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills with staff, customers, community partners, and Richland Library leadership.
- Training and developing staff in areas such as exceptional customer experiences, product knowledge, collection management, and visual merchandising.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining a diverse and talented group of staff and volunteers.
- Collaborating with other team members to develop and conduct programming that best serves the branch’s specific community.
- Exploring and cultivating community partnerships; participating in local organizations, community events; acting as a Library liaison to the community.
- Overseeing library operations to ensure customer experience standards; delivering an organized schedule and effective staffing.
- Demonstrating ability to learn quickly and to apply new skills and knowledge easily, including technology and procedures.
- Resolving complex circulation problems successfully; interpreting and communicating library policies and procedures to customers and staff.
- Planning, developing, and conducting programs for and with community groups.
- Representing the library at community and group meetings.
- Evaluating and analyzing the branch collection as part of an orderly collection development process; maintaining current collection based on customer needs.
- Analyzing library statistics and budget preparation; identifying new strategies for maximizing results, and reporting this information to staff and upper management.
- Providing reference, bibliographic and reader’s advisory assistance.
- Developing, participating, and performing special activities and other duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to deliver exemplary customer experiences; honest, respectful, and fair treatment of others to build an environment of trust; ability to support and actively promote team members and team activities; ability to contribute to the success of the team; effective oral and written communication skills; verbal and body language to ensure customers have useful, useable, and enjoyable library experiences.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to salaried employees that support employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement saving plan\Paid time off and holiday pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free and discounted access to books, music and films
We value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities
Celebration, Appreciation and Play:
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a highly relevant field and a minimum of 2 years of documented relevant work experience, including work that would demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities (for example, library, hospitality or customer service management). ALA accredited MLIS degree is preferred but not required (with MLIS degree the experience requirement may be reduced).
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Eastover **608 Main Street, Eastover, SC 29044
Salary range: $50K+ salary plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours.
Job Classification Level: 114
FLSA Status: Exempt
Deadline: May 6, 2019
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.