Eastover Safety Associate
Deadline to Apply
Richland Library is seeking to hire a Full-Time Safety Associate for our Eastover location.
- Applies the Library’s customer engagement standards by demonstrating characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented
- Learns and consistently exhibits Richland Library’s brand promises in all interactions with customers and colleagues; provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers; successfully ascertains and meets the individualized needs of each customer
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner
- Patrols all interior rooms and exterior grounds to protect premises, property, and equipment; moves constantly and quickly between areas which includes all areas of the main library, and all exterior areas controlled by library (i.e., parking areas, walks, plazas, landscaping, and vehicles)
- Observes all unusual activities and behaviors on library property, and responds appropriately which involves decision-making, judgment, and knowledge of the Library’s policies and procedures
- Responds to fire and burglar alarms after hours, when informed by alarm company, police, or supervisor, which requires being immediately available, with reliable transportation to the necessary locations
- Assists customers and staff in emergency situations relating to security and safety; assists with administering emergency CPR/First Aid to staff and customers
- Follows organizational, County, public health and safety guidelines and protocols; performs job functions in a safe manner and reports all safety hazards per established policies and procedures
- Interprets, communicates, and enforces library policies, procedures, and rules to customers, security workers, and other staff
- Communicates information related to safety, security, and library-general information
- Deals effectively and appropriately with disorderly customers whenever necessary, including, as needed: effectively correcting them, removing them, preventing harm to property or persons, and notifying law enforcement as appropriate
- Maintains appropriate security reports and records
- Maintains physical cleanliness, neatness, orderliness, and safety of exterior grounds and exterior areas which includes actively collecting and removing trash, damage, and unsightly appearance in such areas
- Attends and participates in committee, staff, and professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and best practices
- Provides security to other Library locations and special events, as needed
- May be required to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and events based on organizational responsibilities and/or requirements
- May assist with monitoring and administering staff parking
- May assist library staff in limited aspects of their job duties, as needed
- May locate certain customers and relay messages from outside callers, within appropriate guidelines
High School diploma or GED; one (1) year of directly-related experience in security and/or law enforcement; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
May be required to possess and maintain a valid State of South Carolina Driver’s License and the ability to drive a Library owned vehicle per established policies, procedures, and safety guidelines
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Eastover, 608 Main Street, Eastover, SC 29044
Salary: $1,143.77 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week:
Monday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm; Tuesday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; Wednesday - Thursday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm; Every other Friday/Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Job Role & Level: A2; Pay Grade & Salary Band: 2; FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
How to apply:
Please click this link to apply!
Deadline: Open Until filled. Applicants will be notified by email once the position is filled.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.