Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for the Edgewood location.
Located in Columbia’s Edgewood neighborhood, we provide customers with books and A/V materials, holds pickup, computer access, meeting rooms and space for community partners. We are set at Oak Street and Elmwood Avenue. Our renovated and reconfigured 7,000 square foot former retail space has been transformed into a vibrant library where the community can learn, create and share.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and customer-service oriented individual to join our team. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, loves to keep everything in tip-top shape to everybody’s satisfaction, and most importantly loves to work with families, teens, and children!
Are you ready to help support and ensure exceptional experiences for all our customers – from a warm welcome to a fond farewell? If your answer is “Yes,” we encourage you to apply!
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Understanding and maintaining the material handling system for organizing and moving materials through the system.
- Assisting with adult and children’s programming.
- Ensuring that our customer experience expectations are met by guaranteeing our books, media, and music are out on the shelves, look clean and tidy, can be easily found, and are in the correct location.
- Actively supporting the needs of the Library, including completion of opening and closing procedures, cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials, shelf-reading, shifting and maintaining the collection, straightening materials, arranging materials on booktrucks, emptying bookdrops, and searching for materials on shelves.
- May be overseeing Library operations during absence of higher level staff.
- Performing other associated duties as required or assigned.
As a Richland Library employee, you can:
- Make a difference in other peoples' lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to hourly employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Career development
- Time off to recharge and renew
- Holiday closings
- Free and discounted access to books, music and films
- Giving Back:
We value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
- Celebration, Appreciation and Play
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities as required.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Edgewood **2101 Oak Street, Columbia, SC 29204
Salary range: $13.00 per hour
Hours: 20.0 hours/week: Monday – Thursday 5:00 – 8:00 PM; Alternate Friday/Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Job Classification Level 102 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply: Email resume to email@example.com . Please reference job title on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until filled. The Library reserves the right to close this vacancy at any time once sufficient number of applications is received.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
- Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
- Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us continue to fulfill our mission of helping our customers learn, create, and share.
- We are guided by our shared Vision: “enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.